Sunday, February 04, 2007

Super Bowl XLI


CONGRATULATIONS TO THE

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

FOR WINNING SUPER BOWL XLI






The Super Bowl is over and the Indianapolis Colts beat the Chicago Bears by a score of 29-17. From the start of the game things looked bad for the Colts when Chicago's Devin Hester ran the opening kick off back for a touchdown. But the Colts hankered down and fought their way to victory. I am glad to see Peyton Manning finally get the championship he deserves. Now, hopefully the comparisons to Dan Marino will cease.

This game also marks the first time in history when an African American coach has won the Super Bowl. I know it is a milestone. I know what it means to the movement and I certainly know what it means to the African American community. I still can't help but say that I am certainly glad that its over with. The fact that there were two African American coaches in the Super Bowl vehemently over-shadowed what the Super Bowl is supposed to be about, which of course is football.
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home