Thursday, August 03, 2006

Believe it or not, an actual good experience on eBay



I like so many other folks who use eBay have had bad auction experiences. I've had to fight for money, fight for auctions won and down-right threaten people with legal action. Well, rather than blog about one of those bad experiences, I actually have an awesome experience to blog about. I know it's hard to believe, but it's true.

Well, those of you who read my post about my new toys know that I bought an XBOX 360 game system. Anyway, since the games run an average price of $60 retail, I shop for them on ebay for cheaper prices. Well, I won an auction for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, one of the games I actually wanted the system for. Well, to my surprise, when the auction ended the final price was only $32.00 with a $5.00 shipping and handling charge. Granted, it was a used copy, but I don't care, so I immediately pay the amount with my Paypal account.

Shortly after making the payment, I got an email from the seller (who by their choice, will remain anonymous) stating that there was a problem with the item I had won in his auction. Apparently, he was unaware of the fact that the disc had a huge scratch in it and he feared it wouldn't play. In the same email, he assured me that he would make good on the auction and he did. This guy actually went and bought an unopened retail copy of the game at $60.00 and still fulfilled his end of the auction by sending it to me for the original auction price. I even offered to make up the difference but he refused. He said it was his fault that he sold a damaged item and that it was his responsibility to make good on it.

Well, he certainly made good on it and I certainly gave him excellent feedback in return. I also wrote him a nice email thanking him for being upstanding and honest.
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home