Friday, August 25, 2006

The apple of my eye



This past Sunday I took my daughter to the local pool and boy did she have fun. It was family appreciation day so they had a clown, music, food and cake. "Otto" the clown was a funny, albeit strange older man with goofy clothes and wacky accessories, but I must admit that he was great with the kids. He made balloon animals, hats and swords and cracked tons of "kiddy" jokes and had them all laughing hysterically. It was a great time.

Well, after getting her balloon sword (her choice) and free decorative sunglasses, she decided she was hungry. Though they had food there, I brought our own since I tend to eat healthy and my daughter is super-picky. So we laid out a blanket and setup a picnic. We ate our lunch, and to top it off we had fresh, juicy apples. YUMMY! I am an apple-holic.

Well, I peeled and cut her apple and gave it to her in a little dish and when I reached for my apple it was gone. I looked around to see if I possibly placed it somewhere and it was no where to be found. Now I am second-guessing myself. Did I remember to bring two? Am I going senile? What gives?

Well, as I look up in confusion, there it is. My apple is being eaten by a big, fat, thieving squirrel. I was so tempted to grab a rock and nail it, but then my daughter said, "He took your apple to feed his babies, right Daddy?" Well, anyone who has kids knows all too-well that their innocence is an overwhelming power and resistance is futile. So, I simply smiled and said, "You're absolutely right, Chicken." (Yes, I call her "chicken" along with a few other nicknames, so sue me.)

Well agreeing with her made her the happiest little girl. Oh, and trust me when I say, it was hard as hell to swallow my desire to peg that little bastard with a nice, pointy rock. ROFLMAO
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home